Work Study Hours
WS hours will be determined each semester in accordance with the student's class schedule. Students typically work 8-10 hours per week and are expected to plan their studies, projects, and extra-curricular activities around both their class and their work schedules. Number of hours allowed is as follows:
- Undergraduate students will ONLY be compensated for the maximum number of hours that they are entitled to work, even if they work in more than one department. Students can work for a maximum of 120 hours during fall and spring semesters, 60 hours during the summer session and 30 hours during the winter session.
- Graduate students will ONLY be compensated for the WS hours that are proportional to the number of courses in which they are registered in, even if they work in more than one department as follows:
- For one academic course, students are compensated for a maximum of 40 WS hours
- For two academic courses, compensation is for a maximum of 80 WS hours
- For three or more academic courses, compensation is for a maximum of 120 WS hours
Work Study Terms
WS terms marks the beginning and end of Work Study program at every semester.
|Fall 2017 ||September 6 - December 7, 2017 |
|Winter 2018 ||January 2 - January 22, 2018 |
|Spring 2018 ||February 6 - May 7, 2018 |
|Summer 2018 ||June 3 - July 12, 2018 |