Resources and Libraries
The Career Center provides access to the best in class career libraries available online as well as the Career Resources Library available at the career center premises.
The Career Resources Library: is a helpful source to utilize when you want to find elaborate details on a variety of career options. If you are trying to make a career choice, considering career transition, or interested in seeking corporate information, the Career Resources Library is an excellent start.
The library includes a variety of resources that will help you throughout your career planning and job search process. It holds:
- A wide range of books on a variety of topics that include career exploration, résumé writing, interviewing, job search, self-assessment, and personal development
- Corporate directories
- Graduate study resources
- Career-related magazines
Hours and Regulations
The Career Resources Library is located at the Campus Center, first floor, room 1020. We are open Sundays through Thursdays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. All resources are for use within the library; borrowing is not allowed. Please make sure to present your student/alumni ID to access the library.
Online Career Libraries:
- Vault: is the largest most comprehensive online career resource available. It is updated on a daily basis so make a point of checking it regularly. After creating an account for free you can:
WetFeet: provides profiles of companies, careers, and industries to help job seekers find the right career, industry, company, and job for them. With WetFeet you can access:
- Create a profile and get seen by top employers and recruiters
- View or download all of Vault's award-winning guides
- Set your preferences and save important content to "My Vault"
- Sign-up for Job Alerts & Career Advice Newsletter
Career Explorer: an interactive resource for exploring and researching occupations. The source of information is the U.S. Department of Labor's O*Net Online: www.onetonline.org
- More than 600 articles about trends, markets, major players, and jobs in leading industries
- Insider Guide series covering topics ranging from job requirements, career tracks, the job outlook, and compensation in these careers
To create an account or to register, please visit CareerWEB.